Jitu Mehta – President/Founder
Mr. Jitu Mehta is the President and Founder of Innova Structural Design Group. Innova has an exceptional reputation within the residential, commercial, and industrial development community. His experience spans over 45 plus years of structural engineering experience in California.
Highlights of Mr. Mehta’s structural engineering experience are as follows:
- Commercial and residential facilities of many different types.
- Residential design experience ranges from single-family homes to multi- story apartments over concrete parking structures, stand alone parking structures, mixed-use buildings, and high rise structures.
- Commercial design experience includes shopping centers, offices and large industrial buildings.
- Responsible for the design of more than 2,000 buildings consisting of conventional concrete, post- tensioned concrete, wood, and steel construction. He has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Retrofitting existing structures, investigation and expert testimony.
- Design of conventional and pre-stressed concrete structures in the following types of structures:
- Subterranean garages as well as stand alone parking structures
- Low, medium, and high-rise structures.
- Podium and double podium type concrete structures with upto five story Type III buildings above.
- Tilt-up concrete buildings
- Multi-story buildings with concrete and steel moment resisting frames.
Prior to founding Innova Structural Design Group, Mr. Mehta founded Group M Engineers (also known as Jitu Mehta & Associates) which he led for forty years. Prior to founding Group M Engineers he headed the Structural Engineering Department at NAM Structural Engineers. His other prior experience includes experience at Forell/Elsesser Engineers, A.C. Martin Associates, and Conrad Associates (formerly T.Y. Lin & Associates).
Mr. Mehta is an expert in the design of pre-stressed and post-tensioned concrete design. He was fortunate to learn the fundamentals and practice of pre-stressed and post-tensioned concrete from Professor T. Y. Lin, one of the most respected individuals in the history of modern American pre-stressed concrete design.
Mr. Mehta obtained his B.S. in Civil Engineering (Honors) from the Indian Institute of Technology at Mumbai and obtained his M.S. in Structural Engineering from University of California Berkeley.
Licenses & Associations:
Mr. Mehta is a licensed Civil and Structural Engineer in the State of California and a licensed Professional Engineer in Colorado and is a member of ACI, SEAOC, AISC, and ICBO.
Manish Mehta – Principal/Founder
Mr. Manish Mehta is an Principal and Founder of Innova Structural Design Group. He has been instrumental in leading Innova into the modernizing the continuous improvement approach of structural design for Innova to bring it into the forefront of scalable and efficient design. During the course of his career he has been involved in the design and administration of many different types of structures including landfills, bridges, water facilities, grade separations, freeway interchanges, railways separations, and commerical and residential structures.
Highlights of Mr. Mehta’s experience are as follows:
- Significant design experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Design of all types of subterranean and above grade concrete structures
- Residential structural design primarily in the design of multi-story apartments, condominiums, and mixed-use buildings on grade as well as over multi-level concrete structures
- Structural design of all types of conventional and pre-stressed concrete structures
- Podium and double podium type structures
- Type III and V wood structure
- Shoring design
- Principal in charge in researching and implementing new technologies and processes to assist in continual improvement of Innova as a design firm as well as a business in order to continually provide the best service possible to our clients.
Prior to starting Innova Structural Design Group, Mr. Mehta worked for Group M Engineers, Holmes & Narver (now known as AECOM), Viacore (now part of IBM), eTouch Systems, and Ernst & Young LLP.
During his time at Holmes & Narver (a division of AECOM) in their infrastructure group he gained valuable hands on work in the design of landfills, bridges, and freeway interchanges as he was apart of an elite team that design the two 10 freeway bridges that collapsed in the 1993 earthquake as well as the first team to design and layout HOV lane direct connect interchanges in the State of California.
In his experience at Ernst & Young, Mr. Mehta consulted for many of the Fortune 500 on how to improve their businesses in terms of their business processes as well as the design and implementation of technologies to achieve their business goals.
During his experience at Viacore and eTouch Systems he was responsible for pre- sales and sales of technologies and services to Fortune 500 companies and large organizations such as Cisco, NASA, and Kaiser Permanente. During his time at eTouch Systems he was responsible for one of their largest recurring contract sales in the history of the company to NASA for the implementation of their website with Content Management system which is still in use today. This website was instrumental in their quest to educate the public on their mission and ultimately inspire the next generation of space explorers. These experiences have allowed Mr. Mehta to bring a unique approach to the art and science of structural engineering design.
He obtained his B.S. in Civil Engineering from University California, Irvine and his Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from University of Southern California Marshall School of Business (USC).
Licenses & Associations:
Mr. Mehta is a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of California and is a member of ACI, SEAOC, and ICBO.